Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Rylee's Big Girl Room Is Nearly Complete!

We made a lot of progress over the long labor day weekend getting the girls' rooms together. We placed Rylee's big girl bed against the wall and added a toddler rail to the other side. We also bolted her other furniture to the wall to prevent it from possibly falling over on top of her. We installed all the child safety features for the room including outlet plugs, corner guards, and closet locks. I took a few quick snapshots so that you can see what we've done to it! Once we finish Haylee's room, I'll post pictures as well. We have her furniture in place, and some decor hung, most of her closet is organized as well. We need to find some curtains, a rug, and a hamper to finish things off, and then of course pictures, pictures, pictures.

For now, Here is Rylee's room minus photographs because I am changing out the color of her picture frames, and/or going to do photowalls with photographs mounted on styrene instead of frames.... We shall see....



Rylee's furniture is all white. We bought pretty much everything from IKEA and got an amazing deal on it all. The canvas above her dresser was hand painted by Rylee herself!

We kept her bright curtains and rug from her 'baby' room because for the most part, I think it all went together still very well. The other canvas hanging over her bed was also hand painted by Rylee, you probably can't see it from here, but it also features her lovely handprint!!! Rylee's bed is a full size, so in case we ever have company, it should somehow work, although, it's probably not all that comfortable :) We installed her toddler rail as well and cleared out her closet getting ready to see what all we'll have to store in there.



Rylee's fabulous artwork from Miss Sara's is nicely displayed above her bookshelf/nightstands. I wanted to hang up all of her art work we've been saving from her arts and crafts at Miss Sara's, I'm thinking a nice display board or cork board would be cool to hang up in her room to feature her art work, but for now, I thumb tacked it up on the wall :) But no worries, we'll patch the pin holes and repaint when it's time.


Rylee snuck in for this picture, lol. She just LOVES books, let me tell you! I swear we read every single book, multiple times a night. She loves to pull them all off and does her best to put them back when we sing the 'cleanup' song. I'm sure in no time, we'll have all three shelves full with books, but for now, she has a really nice collection. Several favorites including Peekaboo Blueberry, Click Clack Moo, and all of her Sesame Street books about shapes, colors, numbers, etc.


Trying to get the best wide angle shot here so that you can see most of her room.

Now I just need to hang up some photographs to complete the room!


Feel free to leave comments, It seems like I never get any comments and I sometimes wonder if anyone is ever reading this! Leave some love!!!!!!! I hope all the family is able to stay up to date with all the things going on in life with reading the blog!

muah!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love her room! It's just so "her"! We'll have to do more art that matches her room colors, too.

Barbara Robertson said...

I love what you guys did with the room! It is so hard to think of her as a "Big Girl" and I love the artwork from Mrs Sara's.

Love, Mimi

Unknown said...

Her room is beautiful!!! How is she doing in her "big girl" bed? I have been debating on putting Connor in a "big boy" bed when he make the room transition! I am interested to hear!